ETC activities make news across Europe and beyond.
Over the past year, 137 stories were published about ETC projects, statements and collaborations in more than 30 countries.
These included prime-time interview slots on German national radio; TV in Cyprus; national newspapers in Belgium and Italy; cover stories in Serbia; leading arts-specific publications in Denmark, the Netherlands and the UK; and coverage as far abroad as the US and South Korea.
See a selection of publications that have featured ETC work below:
- Three-fold increase in theatre roles with digital remit (ArtsProfessional, UK)
- Fostering the transition of theatre organisations towards more sustainable practices (EUradio, France)
- D. Maria II National Theater hosts ETC international conference (Cárdapio, Portugal / DESCLA, Portugal /
- Theatres Must Be Caring to Help Society Heal (The Association Magazine, Belgium)
- European Theatre Convention wins European prize (Nachtkritik, Germany)
- European theatres warn generation of talent could be lost by Covid (The Stage, UK)
- Conclusion - Kultur vom Tage (FAZIT / Deutschlandfunk Kultur, Germany)
- Violence against women in the entertainment industry: the kings of silence (Le Vif, Belgium)
- Theatre Is Fundamental For Our Society (CorD, Serbia)
- The Spanish motto 'Culture is safe' is exported to Europe (ABC, Spain)
- The Renaissance Project: a manifesto of European theaters (Yabl, Ukraine)
- Scenes: women still and always relegated to the background, (Le Soir, Belgium)
- New study of gender equality in European theater : There are six men for every four women (ISCENE, Denmark)
- Triple-F for Most Female (Nachtkritik, Germany)
- Heidi Wiley, Managing Director of the European Theater Convention on diversity and equality in the theater (Szenik, France)
- European Theaters Warn of a Lost Generation of Theatre Makers (Theater Krant, The Netherlands)
- What to do when you’re sick of Zoom (ArtsProfessional, UK)
- Stabile di Torino, il teatro dei giovani: come seguire un'opera ai tempi della pandemia (La Repubblica, Italy)
ETC Press Contact
Please direct press inquires to:
Christy Romer, Communication Manager
Phone: +49 17 235 720 92
Recent ETC Press Releases
Cláudia Belchior Elected President of European Theatre ConventionThe Artistic Advisor at Centro Cultural de Belém in Lisbon/Portugal will lead the Board of the largest network of publicly funded theatres in Europe, which connects 64 members from 31 countries.
Introducing the 'STAGES Doughnut Workshop': A Holistic Sustainability Tool for Theatres WorldwideThe new tool combines social and environmental factors and brings a theatre’s entire staff together to work towards sustainable transformation.
‘The Opole Recommendations’ Set Out Vision for Strong and Supported European Theatre SectorThe new policy document, the result of the European Theatre Forum 2023, urges the European Union to continue direct dialogue with the sector.
Digital Theatre Had 800% Boom During the Pandemic, New Study RevealsA major study covering 17 countries by the European Theatre Convention (ETC) finds a huge increase in digital theatre productions and staff during the first two years of the COVID-19 pandemic, although the form remains divisive for some artistic teams.
The Future of European Theatre Takes Centre Stage in OpoleIn May, ETC Member JK Opole Theatre hosted three major events on the future of European theatre: the ETC International Theatre Conference, the ACuTe Symposium, and the high-level European Commission event, the European Theatre Forum 2023.
Theatres Must Be Caring to Help Society Heal, European Directors ToldThe artistic, philosophical and environmental need for care in theatre was discussed at the ETC International Theatre Conference, which took place from 3 – 6 November 2022 in partnership with Teatro Nacional D. Maria II (Lisbon/Portugal).
Diverse Theatres and Artists from Ukraine Take Centre Stage at ETC International Theatre Conference in PragueAlmost 120 senior theatre professionals from around Europe will gather at the conference, held in partnership with Národní divadlo – National Theatre Prague.19-22 May 2022
European Theatre Community and Young People Set Out Vision for ‘the Future of Europe’The European theatre community have made an unprecedented call for policymakers and politicians across the continent to make sweeping changes in support of a “resilient” theatre sector18 February 2022
ETC Celebrates the Legacy of Visionary European Theatre Director Dubravka VrgočThe largest network of publicly-funded theatres in Europe praises Vrgoč's "courage, energy and tenacity" as she prepares to leave her role at Croatian National Theatre in Zagreb.08 February 2022